Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Here is an glimpse into texting between parent and teenager in the seifert household:

Teenager: Hey can i go see new moon? Please

Parent: I seriously have no money right now - have you noticed the fridge? Are you at the dentist right now?

Teenager: Yep and yep well if i earn money can i go

Parent: Do you know what Im going to ask next?

Teenager: Whos going well its me and **** i think

Parent: No ******? I thought he wanted to go with **** too?

Teenager: Oh then maybe him too

Parent: Did you forget you are grounded because of the Cadillac? I did then I remembered - too bad

Teenager: Thats why i was asking i could have just gone

Parent: Thanks for asking honey, I really appreciate that- how's the dentist going?

Teenager: Stop talking to me

Parent: Are u mad at me?????

sigh... Being a parent is not good for self esteem, or the stomach, or the hair, or the nerves.

1 comment:

Enjoying the Journey said...

Love the text! Thanks for the insight into what I have to look forward to...How tricky of you to remember the grounding, Victoria! Don't worry, you'll be forgiven as soon as he/she thinks of something else they really want! ;)